Helping men manage anxiety, improve relationships, heal from break-ups & lead meaningful lives.
Are you ready for a change? Schedule a FREE introductory call below.
Online Counselling Available Australia-Wide & In-person in Melbourne.
Do any of these sound familiar?
Hi, I'm Ben. If you're going through a challenging time and you're looking to better understand why you do what you do, manage your anxieties or improve your relationships, I'm here to help.
Some of the issues that people come to see me for:
- They feel like they keep going over the same arguments again and again
- Anxiety and overthinking
- Feeling like they’ve lost a part of themselves since being in the relationship
- “Blowing off steam” with addictive behaviours (drugs, gambling, alcohol)
- Irritability and anger in their personal and professional relationships
- Someone has told them that they need to learn how to communicate better
- They feel like they’re walking on eggshells in their relationship
- A sense of being emotionally drained after trying really hard to make everything work
- Managing difficult break-ups and post break-up anxiety or depression
Some of the skills that people leave therapy with:
- A capacity to skilfully navigate tough conversations
- A greater ability to stay calm in emotionally-charged and high pressure situations
- A plan to go forward and heal from past relationships
- More confidence in themselves as men and a better understanding of healthy masculinity
- Greater clarity around who they are, what they want and why they do what they do
- A roadmap to know how to deal with slip-ups and future challenges
- More engagement in projects and goals that are for enjoyment rather than validation
- Improved sleep and energy levels
- A vision, model and set of practices for successful relationships
What my clients are saying:
Registered counsellor with the Australian Counselling Association (ACA).
Master of Counselling (Monash University)
Master of Applied Neuroscience (King’s College London)
Bachelor of Behavioural Science (University of Queensland)
Diploma of Logotherapy & Existential Analysis (ongoing)
3 Things to know about my approach
- Our relationship is built on mutual respect, which means you are allowed to question and challenge me, as I you. Unfortunately, I’m not a magician, a wizard or a mind-reader, but I am very good at my job, I take the work we do together seriously, and I genuinely care about your wellbeing.
- I believe in posttraumatic growth – a response to challenging and traumatic life events that results in positive personality change: strength, resilience, courage, self-awareness, authenticity, and more engagement in life.
- My work draws from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Existential Psychotherapy, Neuroscience and Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
Areas of speciality
Here are some of the areas that I specialise in.
Fees & Hours
Hours by appointment only.